Gael Clichy Completes Transfer Move To Manchester City

Tuesday 5 July 2011 | at 22:37

Gael Clichy the new player of Manchester City on £7million from Arsenal, and he has signed a four-year deal at Eastlands worth £65,000 a week.
"I'm really happy to be joining such a great club. I hope I can add to the quality we already have here because we have a fantastic squad who I believe will continue to get better."

"I can't wait to get started and I think anything is possible with this team." says Gael Clichy.
Clichy will be joined with the two friends in Manchester City.

"When I first came to England, it was Kolo Toure and Patrick Vieira who took me under their wing and really looked after me.

"Kolo would pick me up and drop me at home and his wife used to cook meals for me. Patrick was always there to offer me advice so it's wonderful to be back and at the same club they are at."

"I have had eight fantastic years at Arsenal and made many friends.

"I have so many great memories from my time at Highbury and Emirates Stadium. I would like to say thank you to everyone at Arsenal for all of their support and friendship.

"I also want to send a big thank you to all the Arsenal supporters, who have always been so good to me."

Gael Clichy- Welcome to Manchester City (Video)


Manager Arsenal Arsene Wenger said: "We would like to thank Gael for eight years of terrific service to Arsenal, during which time he gave absolutely everything for the club.

"He has grown and developed so much since joining us in 2003, and has been a crucial part of the team over recent seasons.

"Gael leaves with our respect and best wishes. We wish him the very best for his future career."


0 comments:

Post a Comment